PHCC - San Antonio Department of Labor (DOL) Apprenticeship Program
Applications are accepted in July of each year.
Apprentices MUST be sponsored and employed by a current PHCC San Antonio contractor member.
CLASS SCHEDULE & REQUIREMENTS
- Classes are held twice a week in the evening from 6-9pm at St. Philip’s College - Southwest Campus (800 Quintana Road, San Antonio, TX 78212)
- Apprentice attends a minimum of 145 hours of classroom instruction per academic year
- Apprentice provides own required hand tools
- Apprentice provides own transportation to/from class
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
Please click here to request an application for the upcoming year.
Note the following document requirements:
- Certified copy: High School Diploma or GED Certificate or other acceptable proof of High School Equivalency
- Copy of Current Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners Apprentice Registration card
- Copy of Social Security Card AND Current TX Driver’s License (call 210-824-7422 for information regarding alternate options from the Basic WIA Eligibility Form)
- Proof of Selective Services Registration
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN A DOL APPROVED PROGRAM
For further details regarding the requirements and benefits of participating in PHCC-SA DOL approved program please click the following link:
APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Contact PHCC-SA at (210) 824-7422 for details.
PHCC-SA’s apprenticeship program is open to all applicants who meet the requirements without regard to race, creed, national origin, or gender.
Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.